Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thoughts on writing a blog

I am thinking that writing a blog might be better than writing the journal. I enjoy getting comments from people and maybe this will be easier. The journal was all about the wonderful journey B and I just completed that took us through 27 states and 4 provinces - 12,882.4 miles. I think this blog will be more about my favorite pasttime - eating which also goes to my other favorite pasttime - traveling. Right now I am trying to get back into the swing of living at home. After 2 1/2 months on the road, I realized that I felt at loose ends. Today I had sushi for lunch, something that was missing from the meals on our trip. I also went to the library to see what free things they had to offer and I picked up an LA Weekly. Tonight we are going to the Ford Amphitheater to watch Funny Girl and participate in a sing-along. It will be a beautiful night to be outside. I am filling up my calendar with things to do as, for me, that is what makes life fun. One of the things I decided to try was this blog so I will see how it goes.

4 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I especially enjoyed the parts of your travel journal that described where and what you were both eating. I will certainly read this. And, when you want to branch out a bit, come on over to our side of the hill and we'll take you to a few of our favorite places too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan to branch out a lot and will take you up on your offer. Someone asked me to write about places we ate at on our journey so I will look back on my journals and see if there is enough information from any place for me to write about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you been to Ye Olde King's Head in Santa Monica yet? How about the Stinking Rose on LaCienega? Those are two favorites of ours that would give you lots to comment on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been to Ye Olde King's Head and really liked it but that was too long ago to write about now. There is another English restaurant right down the street and we really liked that one too. I have never been to the Stinking Rose and would love to go. I have heard a lot about it.

    ReplyDelete