Friday, August 20, 2010

The Rack

After we saw Flipped, we decided to go to The Rack in the Woodland Hills Promenade. We had gone there once before but hadn’t been there in ages. I hadn’t remembered that it was a sort of sport’s restaurant/bar/and pool hall. We sat in the bright restaurant area and saw the TV declaring that Brett Farve had again come out of retirement. We were quickly given our menus and I happily could get Sprite Zero. Since I have stopped drinking caffeine (except for some tea), I find it very hard to get a caffeine free, diet soda in a restaurant.

The menu contained a special “stimulus” lunch menu with all choices under $10. http://www.therack.us/images/menu/lunchstimulus.jpg It looked great to both of us. We both ordered the same thing but with different choices – two BBQ sliders and a cup of soup. BK had one BBQ pork and one BBQ chicken along with a cup of chili. I had one BBQ pork and one BBQ brisket which, for reasons I can’t explain, I had a taste for. I never eat brisket but this was a good choice. The other choice was BBQ tri-tip. I picked vegetable tortilla soup. It was filled with vegetables, some cheese, avocado and tortilla strips. It had just a little spice and was absolutely delicious. BK loved her chili but did say it had quite a bit of a kick. As for the sliders, we loved them all but I think both of us thought the pork was the juiciest. Both of us put the side dill pickles in the sandwich and added more BBQ sauce to the chicken and brisket. When the sauce is just cooked into the meat, it is great. However, the side sauce for me was a bit too spicy but not awful. Our lunch cost $9.95 each and was well worth it. Service was very good.

All in all, we had a wonderful day – a good movie followed by a very good lunch. The Rack is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They have many evening specials. Lunch was great and I will certainly return.

No comments:

Post a Comment