Tuesday, September 29, 2009

EAT Café

After an especially hard workout at the pool this morning, BK and I went to EAT Café on Magnolia in North Hollywood, which is close to the Y, for breakfast. We have gone there various times before but I haven’t written about it. This is a great place for breakfast for many reasons. The restaurant is very small with only 9 or so tables and a few outside. I think much of their business is carry-out as I saw many people coming in and picking up food.

Today I decided to have a scramble with mushrooms and cheddar cheese. This comes with a choice of potatoes, Ned’s shreds or fruit. Then there is also a choice of toast, all kinds and I picked an English muffin. First the scramble was perfectly done and tasted delicious. I ordered Ned’s shreds which are shredded pieces of zucchini that are fried up like potatoes. I love them. They are a bit greasy but a great substitute for potatoes – not many carbs. I asked for my English muffin well toasted and often that doesn’t happen but here it came just right. In fact, the waitress told me that she would be a little late with the muffin because she was toasting it twice. I also like that they have orange marmalade jam packets, my favorite treat with English muffins.

BK ordered the 222 which consisted of two eggs, two pieces of sausage and two huge pancakes. She said her scrambled eggs were perfect as was the sausage. The pancakes were delicious as I had to take a taste also. They do make all different kinds of pancakes, including chocolate chip, so I have to remember this place when my family visits me. The coffee is also very good as was the service.

When coming on the weekend, expect to wait. However, we went at 10:30 on a Tuesday morning and there was a place to sit. If ever in the North Hollywood area and you want breakfast, this would be a good choice. Prices are moderate. Eat is at 11108 Magnolia Blvd.

6 comments:

  1. I'd like to try this during the week when it's possible to get a seat in the morning. However, it's a *trip* for me.

    Bj
    ps hope you don't mind my new name. Just call me Anon, for short. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you forgot the most impportant thing, we had a coupon worth $7.25 at this fine establishment which made the meal that much more enjoyable

    ReplyDelete
  3. BJ - come some morning during the week and off we will go.

    BK - I did forget about the coupon and, as you know, anytime I get something cheaper, that makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, lost the post, gotta do it again.

    Joanne, I just called Evie, who is grocery shopping, and asked her to pick up English muffins. I really like them, and you put me in the mood for them :)

    Anon, it doesn't want to let me post under my name either. I always have to argue with it :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. And... lol, every time I post a comment, it sends me an email telling me that I posted a comment!

    Joanne, your reviews are worth it all though, have no doubts. Please keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete