Friday, August 28, 2009

Magnolia Grille and Casa di Giorgio

BK’s sister, CA, who lives in Milwaukee, had suggested I write a review of a restaurant that we went to while we were there, Casa di Giorgio, one that we all enjoyed. I would love to do that but I can’t remember it. I do remember going there and that one friend was late and that my oldest daughter came with us but I have no recollection of what I ate. However, CA has reminded me that it has “good food, service & reasonable prices.” BK remembers having a very good steak. If any of the other people who were there could remember what we ate and give me some more hints so I can remember, I would appreciate it.

I would love people to write even very short messages on this blog about where they have eaten. Wouldn’t it be great to have many reviews from all over the country? However, I have yet to figure out how to get people I don’t know to read this so I just post it on Facebook and hope there might be some ripple effect. If anyone knows how to do this on Blogger, I would love that information.

I write these blogs very soon after the experience because I want it fresh in my mind (never mind my forgetting the whole thing). After water exercise today, we went to the Magnolia Grille, 10530 Magnolia Blvd., in North Hollywood. This is a neighborhood type place and they also bake their own bakery. The first big plus was the Diet Coke. Not only did it cost $1.50, but they brought a good sized carafe of soda to the table so we never had to wait to get more to drink. As you know from my previous posts, this is very important to me.

We were waited on promptly, served the drinks quickly, our orders taken as soon as we were ready and the food delivered in a proper amount of time. We each ordered a cup of chicken tortilla soup and then we shared a hamburger with fruit. The soup was wonderful, although not like a tortilla soup one might have imagined. It had a chicken broth base that was completely devoid of grease, was filled with white meat of chicken, some white cheese, corn, tortilla strips and a slight bit of cilentro. It was thick with ingrediants with no tomato or any real Mexican spices and I loved it as did BK. Our hamburger was a normal burger, good but nothing spectacular. The fruit was fresh and sweet. The wonderful thing was that they split the hamburger and the fruit for us and charged nothing extra. We were very satified with our meal.

We have been here a few times before, mostly for breakfast where there is a choice of freshly baked breads instead of toast – banana and zuchinni are two I saw there today. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. Again, if you are in the eastern North Hollywood, western Burbank area, I would recommend the Magnolia Grille.

6 comments:

  1. Can burgers be "spectacular?" You have set the bar high indeed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try The Counter. I think they are spectacular. My sister likes burgers at The Stand. It all depends on what you are comparing them to - lobster is much more spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the oldest daughter and don't remember being there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To the oldest daughter - We went there with B's sister, C, and friend,K. We were at your house. Your husband was working so you came with us. We were supposed to pick up C and meet K at the restaurant. C called B and said K couldn't drive and so wasn't going to the restaurant. When we arrived at C's house, K was there and so C and K drove together and we all went to the restaurant. The restaurant was on the South Side and looks like an Italian villa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. The one in Milwaukee! Now I know. It was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. JLN,
    You might remember the Italian place in Milwaukee as the place that charged to refill your diet coke that they had served brimming w/ice. I don't remember what you had to eat (maybe a pasta dish), but I had steak & as B said, it was very good.

    ReplyDelete