Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Souplantation

I had decided not to post any reviews of restaurants that I frequent but I may do that once in a while. I also had decided not to post any reviews of national chain restaurants unless something wonderful or terrible happens at them. In one previous review I did mention The Cheesecake Factory but I really didn't review it. So, now one of the restaurants that I probably go to a little less than once a month - Souplantation.

Do you sometimes just hanker for a really good salad bar? Go to Souplantation.
Do you like excellent soups? Go to Souplantation.
Do you like pretty good muffins, bread and other baked goods? Go to Souplantation.
Do you like mediocre pasta? Go to Souplantation.
Do you like really creamy frozen yogurt? Go to Souplantation
Do you like all-you-can-eat restaurants that have healthy choices? Go to Souplantation.

I do not like salads. I go out of my not to eat them or many vegetables. There was a time in my life that I forced myself to eat them but suddenly I realized what I was doing and went back to not eating them unless they are well disguised. Here I can disguised them very well with all sorts of stuff in my salad. Every time I have been there the vegies are always really fresh as is everything else.

I love soup - almost any kind of soup so this is nirvana for me. There is healthy, low fat soup as well as delicious creamy soup, usually six types. I have loved them all but, then again, like live musicals, there is hardly any that I don't love.

Here is a tip - join Club Vegie. There are many coupons that come through email for members. There is also a free birthday coupon. And if you are over 60, you always get 10% off the bill. I go most often to the one in Porter Ranch because I like it the most. I first found Souplantation when we lived in El Segundo and went to the one in Marina Del Rey. I was not as impressed by the ones in Brentwood or Pasadena. Enjoy the soup and salad and muffins and brownies and frozen yogurt and fruit and numerous kinds of drinks and did I mention the baked potatoes?

3 comments:

  1. And I like chocolate muffins with pudding on them. (Okay, after lots and lots of veggies)

    ReplyDelete
  2. at the Marina del Rey Souplantation, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my favorite dessert is the tiny little cones with the yogurt, very smooth

    ReplyDelete